haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

kukai honors

I am honored to learn (see Gillena's comment on "last bus") that one of my haiku – in a tie with three others – received the highest number of points awarded in the Poets' Choice voting at Caribbean Kigo Kukai. The list covered 100 poems that finished in first, second, or third place at CKK April 2009-September 2011.  For full results, click on the link in Gillena's comment.

Here's the haiku:

summer rain
my umbrella
unopened

And here are some others that received recognition:

mothers day
I step over
a crack

solitude . . .
turning out the lights
I let in the moon

autumn memory
of those walks with my father . . .
so many silences

first buds
the dream fading
as I tell it

moving in
to my sand castle
the sea

8 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

Congratulations, Bill ! I love the winning haïku... and the others, too !

10:53 AM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

congratulations!

I wanted also to say I really like your figure skater haiku in the current issue of Hundred Gourds.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thank you, Monika and Juliet. And, Julier thanks for adding that comment about "figure skater." I'll be posting it here soon.

6:43 AM  
Blogger polona said...

joining the kudos.
and i agree with Juliet, the figure skater haiku really leaves an impression

9:34 AM  
Blogger Adelaide said...

Congratulations, Bill. A lovely haiku.

Adelaide

7:23 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, Polona and adelaide. I'm posting "figure skater" today.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Danièle Duteil said...

Congratulations. A nice haïku !

11:35 PM  
Blogger Warren said...

Hey, congratulations on your winning, and I do mean winning, poem. It's wonderful poetry, Bill, and deserves the accolade.

Warren

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.