haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Sunday, February 06, 2011

for Melissa

This was written a few minutes ago in honor of Melissa's birthday

another birthday
I remind my friends
to forget it

You can visit Melissa to add your greetings or just to get to know her and her excellent haiku at

http://haikuproject.wordpress.com

My birthday was Jan. 29, in case you were wondering.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Melissa Allen said...

Awwww. Everyone is being so sweet over at the blog today. I'm a little teary. :)

Happy birthday to you too, Bill, and I hope we'll both have many more years to hash over haiku together. :)

6:41 AM  
Blogger Ralf Bröker said...

Very fine one. And: is there a litte bit of self-irony in this haibun-like haiku-post, Bill? I read it three times and found five ways to understand (then I stopped and kept smiling on my way to my comment ;-).

Best wishes
Ralf

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Monika said...

Great ! love it, sincerely ;-)Happy birthday anyway to everybody whose birthday it may be... !

5:43 AM  
Blogger Devika Jyothi said...

B'lated B'day Greetings Bill...and but for this post, I would have missed Melissa's....this was more striking than Melissa's post...on a break from blogging, so i wasn't reading the longer posts :)

wishes,
devika

8:37 AM  
Blogger Adelaide said...

A belated Happy Birthday, Bill. Hope it was a good one.

Adelaide

3:39 PM  
Blogger John McDonald said...

nice tribute Bill - and here's one for the 29th
john

12:38 AM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Belated birthday greetins; mine's coming up on Friday 11th February ; much love

8:18 AM  
Blogger Henrique Pimenta said...

Muitos aniversariantes pensam assim.
Boa execução.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks for the comments and the birthday wishes. I'm 78. Is 80 really the new 75?

6:40 PM  
Blogger Tikkis said...

Nice to see you survived from your birthday !-)

Every year
my birthday
reminds me

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.