haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Friday, May 25, 2012

grandmother

My computer has been misbehaving lately, which is why I've been inactive for a while. It seems to be almost normal at the moment, so I'll seize the opportunity to post this, which was submitted to the Caribbean Kigo Kukai, May 2012

spring begins
my grandmother's first look
at my son

He was the 25th great grandchild she lived to see. This is obviously a memory-ku. He's 47 now.

8 Comments:

Blogger Adelaide said...

I'm glad your computer let you post this. Nicely done.

Adelaide

7:13 PM  
Blogger Tikkis said...

Our computer needing a new, fresh pakemaker-battery ?-)

You have your data saved somewhere?


jumping
as a baseball -
a new pacemaker!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent.

12:19 AM  
Blogger carol l mckenna said...

honorable haiku ~ Wonderful ^_^

9:25 AM  
Blogger Magyar said...

__As always, Bill, thoughtful; memories speak too... of today.
_m

7:21 PM  
Blogger Warren said...

Lovely and evocative - I like this one very much, Bill - thanks for sharing it.

Warren

3:52 PM  
Blogger haiku-shelf (Angelika Wienert) said...

New life! Springtime!

A vivid memory!

Best wishes,
Angelika

3:22 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, my friends.

My computer has been released from therapy and seems almost normal.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.