haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mother's Day

As many of you know, I was away on Mother's Day. I was pleased to learn, upon returning, that this had taken third place in the Caribbean Kukai (Kigo: Mother's Day)



mother's day
I step over
a crack


And I wrote this one on the day itself in California


mother's day
she takes her kids
to the movies


A belated Happy Mother's Day to all.

8 Comments:

Blogger Gillena Cox said...

welcome back, hope you enjoyed your spring sojourn

much love
gillena

11:40 AM  
Blogger Devika Jyothi said...

the first one is superb, Bill..like the second as well :)

Mother's Day wishes to you too,

devika

7:52 PM  
Anonymous gautami tripathy said...

Congrats Bill. I love both.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, Gillena, Devika, and gautami.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Frank... said...

Congratulations Bill on taking third place in the Caribbean Kukai (Kigo: Mother's Day)Both are very nice haiku...

1:22 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thank you, Frank.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Tikkis said...

Kids! Please,
what's all that racket about?
Earthquake.

;-) or :-(

1:46 AM  
Blogger jem said...

Both good Bill. The first one feels more serious. The second one more fun. I'm sure she didn't but I wish the mother had taken the kids to see a film of her choice not theirs.

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.