haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

in line

in line
for the r-rated movie
my daughter

In the US, the "r" rating means children under 18 not admitted unless accompanied by an adult.

Pure fiction otherwise. I've never had a daughter. I posted it as a comment at Gillena's blog. It's not about her daughter, either.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gillena Cox said...

You made me smile, you are always welcome to share at my blog

Much love...

12:42 PM  
Blogger Danièle Duteil said...

Thanks for the explaination. I didn't know this expression at all.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thank you, Gillena. I'm a frequent visitor, as you know.

Thank you, Daniele. I don't know if there is any equivalent in France.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Magyar said...

parent's rule
they step into the scene
fully clothed

Ahhhhh, for the old days, when the 'parents' did the 'rating.' Smiles! _m

1:32 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

M, I have a friend, now well into her eighties, whose mother, back in 1934, wouldn't let her see "It Happened One Night" because it was a dirty movie.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

We don't have an exact equivalent of that rating i don't think, we have 18 which means no-one under 18 can see it not even if they are accompanied. Then we have 12 - no one under 12 cansee it at all and 12A, under 12s can see it if accompanied by adult.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Juliet, I guess one system makes as much sense as the other.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.