haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Friday, June 30, 2006

found ku

Just for fun: each of these was essentially found and written down by me with only minor tweaking.
1
At the Guggenheim:
museum warning:
this exhibit
contains nudity
2
NY Times: A letter responded to a story on the use of music in the operating room, which mentioned a distinguished surgeon whose preference was Edith Piaf:
going under . . .
Edith Piaf
regrets nothing
3
Massachusetts license plate (They're very well educated up there):
vanity plate
on a BMW:
DEUS EX
4
Heard on the car radio:
nursing home jingle:
these are the days
you'll remember

9 Comments:

Blogger floots said...

thank you
for starting my day with a smile
liked them all
but the piaf was my favourite
cheers

10:05 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, aurora and floots. As i said, I was little more than a stenographer here.

10:52 AM  
Blogger polona said...

thanks for the smile, bill!
takes a keen eye to see and record these.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thank you polona. Don't you find that writing haiku does a lot to sharpen your eye?

9:48 PM  
Blogger polona said...

oh yes, i do...

2:22 PM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

You need to do more of this! (3 was my favorite)

7:13 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

They're fun to do, Andrew, but, since I don't make them up, they have to be there to be found. I'll keep my eye open. As polona says, writing haiku trains us in that.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

love the found ku. Need to go out and see if I can find some of my own, but I expect it takes a trained eye to spot these.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

No training necessary, mikaelah. Give it a try.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.