haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

after: 2

after a good bath
struck by the radiance
of the rising moon

striding through fallen leaves
it feels so good
to shit in the field

Santoka (1882-1940)

Santoka didn't write these as companion pieces, but I think they make a nice pair. The two together give you a clearer sense of his personality (of his Zen, if you will) than either would standing alone.

For an explanation of "afters," see the post for November 2, 2010.

8 Comments:

Blogger Devika Jyothi said...

ha! what combination to show the personae, Bill-- there's something about real zen -- it takes guts as well to present in poetry :)


wishes,
devika

6:47 AM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

i was wondering if you had given up on your 'after' series

much love
gillena

10:04 AM  
Blogger Tikkis said...

Yes. Santoka is one of my favorit haikuist; these I do not remember, so perhaps new for me. Thanks for those!

struck by the
fallen leaves --
harvest time!

11:02 PM  
Blogger John McDonald said...

I agree fit well together
john

12:32 AM  
Blogger Henrique Pimenta said...

good
good

5:20 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks for the comments.

Tikkis, what about

struck
by a falling leaf––
harvest time

Gillena, this series will continue, alternating with originals of my own.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Masago said...

Enjoyed!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Juhani Tikkanen said...

Bill: Yes. Much more better!
Thanks!
In my Finnish version I used a slightly diluted version:
"occurred to me".
But perhaps I'll write one more version later.

As it's best, writing in blogs with comments is a good laboratory.

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.